Updated: Apr 26, 2019
We often feel as if eating healthy is so hard to do, but it's really not. It's really a matter of preparation. Think about it. The last time you were hurried or unprepared, it was MUCH easier to grab the prepackaged, already prepared foods, or even fast food to meet your hunger cues. Couldn't we just plan ahead?
1. Budget friendly. Planning ahead allows for better choices and shopping trips tend to be more spaced apart.
2. Tastes better. Your body loves the taste of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and dairy, but we have trained it to love the sweets, processed foods, and fast foods.
3. Take the perimeter at the store. The best foods nutritionally are found on the outside of the store. If going through the isles is a necessity, choose foods that are low in added sugars and salt.
4. NO shopping on an empty stomach. By experience, shopping on an empty stomach leads to higher chances of selecting food you don't REALLY want to consume.
5. Reduce items in packages with labels. Sounds funny, right?! But that's where all of the unhealthy food choices are made. Stick with fruits, vegetables, healthy whole grains and pasture raised dairy products for optimal nutrition.